Friday 26 August 2011

Betting For Dummies - From A Dummy


Before we crack on with the first of the new weekly series, I’m no betting expert and I hope the title gets that across. With two free £10 bets with SkyBet, I hope to try and make a small bit of profit without spending. Firstly, something I can’t stress is only bet what you can afford, in my case, nothing.


Secondly, use a bit of common sense. A perfect example for this week is a 4-0 away win for Bolton this week, it’s not going to happen. With I’d say a good knowledge of the game, hopefully I can use that to my advantage, with you guys following my progress.


Don’t expect this to be a very long, insightful blog. Each week, I’ll give my bets, a small reasoning for doing so and the odds/potential winnings. So, without further due, let’s start with the first of two bets this week.


Bet Number 1: QPR and Swansea to win - @7.72

I’m no betting man but I presume if bet £10, I get 77.20 in return? (If not, I’m sure someone will correct me.)
 

I have done the double bet for two reasons. Firstly, QPR are on the up. With this new takeover bid, the team will be on a high and with Wigan’s performances; I can see them nicking a win. Secondly, Swansea have home advantage, in contrast, Sunderland are still shaking off a defeat to Newcastle, how will their new signings cope?


Bet Number 2: Luiz Suarez to score the first goal against Bolton - @4.50


Suarez is in fine scoring form and with a home fixture, which’s to doubt he’ll score again. Bolton conceded three to City and you feel Liverpool will get goals in this game. Now, how confident are you in Suarez, personally, @26.00 to score a hat-trick may be worth a punt.


Bonus Bet: Blackburn to score first against Everton - @2.25


There at home, why not? Bonus bets are going to be more maverick style bets.


That’s it for the first day of betting, may put one up tomorrow for Sunday’s games depending on the feedback on this one. I wouldn’t recommend doing the same bets as me but I would recommend you follow my progress throughout the season.


Thanks for reading,
 

Footylad.

1 comment:

  1. How u feel about WBA, Everton, and Newcastle to win or tie? I picked those in addition to Swans and QPR on a parlay. To win 7800 US. I love swans at home this year. And feel that QPR Sees themselves as a perennial mid-table relegation-proof team in the long term, limited only by loftus road's pathetic capacity

    ReplyDelete